Tuesday 16 March 2010

Jailbrake invitation received

Just received this in:


"I am emailing you about the Jailbrake weekend as although your ideas were not selected, we'd love to have you along to the weekend. 

There is one idea in particular that we thought could really use your help, with your background in Restorative Justice. It's called Common Ground and is about restorative dialogue in the web space. Is this something that would interest you? Would you like to come along?"
and replied:
 
Hi Katherine

Thank you for the invite to the Jailbrake weekend. It might be an opportunity not to be missed and I will get back to you on whether I have been able to clear my diary.

When I read that you wanted my input on one of the other projects, I had assumed that is was MyPA, because I had been in the group and key in moving the idea on from something that related to probation service appointments to youth being supported more generally with a host of appointments. I would particularly welcome an opportunity to look further at how this one progresses.

Meanwhile, I will look at the Common Ground proposal and at least let you have my comments. Today I'm working on [an urgent and important Restorartive Justice Business Plan], and that takes priority.
If you could clarify willingness to pay the travel and accommodation costs from Bristol for the Jailbrake weekend, this would help me assess how much my input is valued at this stage.

Meanwhile, with or without expenses met, I look forward to any opportunity to work further with the social innovation camp and I will let you know within the week whether I am willing to jeopardise a key relationship by cancelling my other current arrangement for the last weekend of March.

(It might interest to you know -re Web 2.0 that I am considering tomorrow putting a poll on my freelenders blog on which to prioritise for the end of March - and I will also conduct a friends' poll via facebook in order to inform my decision).

No comments:

Post a Comment