Sunday 4 March 2012

I'd like to live in a moneyless village, she said.

I'm a friend of "The Moneyless Man", Mark Boyle, who has now lived for over two years without money.

I've just replied (on Facebook) to someone who said that she wanted to live in the moneyless village that Mark Boyle is establishing (alegedely).
This is what I wrote in reply:
I've reduced my wages (for a 30 hour week) to just £1/day. As I live in a welfare state country, am a company director and know how the system works and how to protest against bureaucracy, the state pays me a "Basic Income" & most of my housing costs. Others in the world aren't so lucky, but they are fired-up with the mission of "Annihilation of Caste", to quote one of Dr Ambedkar's most famous challenges to Mr Gandhi: http://doctorambedkar.blogspot.com I can offer no moneyless village, though it isn't hard to find nearly moneyless villages in India; especially in Bihar. The social revolution that I'd like to engage people in is with friends in India who are getting dignity and education and building massive social change for just £1/day cost to support them in their studies & empowerment. Here is one such story:
http://nagaloka-dream-cycle.blogspot.com/2010/12/bishnus-vision.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment