Wednesday 29 February 2012

Collaborative Consumption event on 16th March at NESTA

In registering with Eventbrite for a Collaborative Consumption event on 16th March at NESTA, I was asked to express my interest in the area.
Thus, I wrote (as Co-director and Timebanking Social Media Developer, Freelending CIC)
For four and a half years I've co-designed tools for the "sharing and gift economy" as recognised by Forum For The Future, a section in the book The Moneyless Man, The Guardian etc. Despite arranging networks of developers I've yet to see the serious wish to collaborate transcend the greed of ego, or anyone take sustainability seriously or start negotiating with the really big players (eg Facebook linked to Amazon linked to a database of all we own) who could theoretically network to replace much consumption with sharing.

No comments:

Post a Comment